Can't connect to the Internet thru Android hotspot on ver 4.99 or beyond

I use an Android (on latest official Lineageos 21) phone as the VPN access point, by switch on Settings - Network & Internet - Hotspot & Tethering - Allow Clients to use VPNs.

Before v4.99, it was working, no matter using wifi tethering, bt tethering or usb to RJ45 ethernet adapter tethering, it was fine.

But after updated to v4.99.2 and the latest v4.99.8, when VPN connected, downstream devices can't access the Internet AT ALL, Geph log says like:
2024-10-01T12:00:00 [WARN]: captured an UnknownTransport

Also I tried export proxy on linux terminal, iirc Geph log says that as well.

So can you guys fix this? If so, when will it be done?

And, two bugs (maybe) I'd like to mention:

1. When disconnected for a few hours, it'll be hard to reconnect by just tapping "Connect". I have to click "Change Location", wait for the server list, then click any and click "Connect";
  2. Running Geph in background, at least on Android and Linux (I dont usually run Geph on other platforms) after a while, despite it shows "Connected", but it's de facto disconnected, (these are not accrurate) but switch Geph as foreground and click logs tab, scroll to the end, wait a couple seconds then it's back.

I'm in China btw.

I have no idea about new Android features how to work, I'm using really old devices with official firmware.

But you said the issues is happening after updated geph with v5 core, and working fine with v4 core.

post your feedback on discord server

this forum only for community talking as you can see

貌似有说V5是神马假的VPN(仍需Socks5代理?当然包括V4.99?)

谷歌市场更新日期:2024年9月19日 V4.99.7
:rofl: 破烂手机安卓6终于可以连接了
从上个版本(V4.99.5)开始,排除应用程序要勾选到手软。

谷歌市场更新日期:2024年9月20日 V4.99.8
官网已从V4.99.2更新到V4.99.8

官网下载旧版:右键单击下载对应图标,复制链接地址,在浏览器地址栏粘贴,找到地址中最新的如 /4.99.8/ 更改成需要的如 /4.10.1/ 即可。
Download the old version from the official website : right-click the download corresponding icon, copy the link address, paste it in the browser address bar, find the latest address in the address, such as /4.99.8/, and change it to the required one, such as /4.10.1/.

I can't join the Discord server due to phone verification. Does Geph have official matrix channel I can post my feedback? Or is there another way to send feedback without verifying my phone?

Or, would you help me repost on Discord, please?

Thanks, I already knew that. V4 core isn't as fast and stable as v5, so I'm hoping for developers will fix this hotspot issue

可以 github 账户加入。
四楼截图及链接,充分说明V5已放弃V4的真VPN。。。貌似不可能因你而改变吧?
你只能不再共享VPN热点,但可以试试分享代理?

当然也包括过渡版本V4.99.8