Welcome to the Geph community forum! 欢迎来到迷雾通论坛!

Welcome to the new forum for Geph users! I'm @nullchinchilla, Geph's creator.

If you're coming from the official Telegram group, you might be wondering why I decided to start a forum for Geph users. The initial motivation was that discussions on Telegram tended to be highly fragmented. Past conversations quickly became impossible to find --- Telegram's abysmal search didn't help either. Technical questions, especially, had to be answered over and over because new users couldn't effectively find old threads.

Furthermore, there is a lack of a good venue for high-quality, long-form discussions in Chinese outside of the Great Firewall. I am in the fairly unique position of having both the will and the ability to safely maintain an uncensored Chinese forum that encourages free thought and expression. Of course, by no means is this forum meant to be Chinese-only --- the forum software comes with built-in machine translation (see the little "globe" icon under each post) and is meant to be international and multilingual.

I sincerely hope that a vibrant community can grow on this forum, just as it did in the Geph Telegram group, and that the forum format can foster better communication.

All the best,
@nullchinchilla

欢迎来到全新的迷雾通用户论坛!我是迷雾通作者 @nullchinchilla

如果您来自官方Telegram群,您可能有疑惑为何成立论坛。我成立论坛的初衷是因在Telegram群中的讨论极度碎片化,导致用户交流与技术支持都难以有效的方式进行。由于Telegram一个大群的格式与其极差的搜索功能,过去的讨论很快石沉大海,技术问题也需反反复复地回答。

另外,我发现防火长城之外并没有一个适合高质量讨论的中文社区。对于安全稳定地维护一个鼓励自由思想与交流的中文社区,几乎无人既有兴趣又有条件,而我作为迷雾通开发者确实两者具备。

一方面,我身处墙外,迷雾通的收入也足以维护论坛的一切成本,不大可能因外界强迫或经济困难无法继续运营迷雾通论坛。

当然,这不表示这个论坛是个仅限中文的论坛——论坛软件自带翻译功能(贴文下部的地球标志),我们也欢迎各个语言的帖子。

我由衷的希望迷雾通论坛上可以像迷雾通用户群一样生气勃勃,也希望论坛的格式比群聊更有利于高质量的讨论。

祝大家翻墙愉快!
@nullchinchilla

56 个赞

群主牛逼,想到做到,成功的本质。

6 个赞

我親自點贊 :rofl:

10 个赞

我也親自點讚 ^_^

12 个赞